Use QuickTime Player bundled with macOS.
To initialize webcam window:
- Open QuickTime Player.
- Click on “File > New Movie Recording”
- Minimize the new window with your webcam video and put it anywhere you wish.
- Click on “Window > Float on Top” to fix it at the top of the screen.
And then just start a screen recording session:
- Click on “File > New Screen Recording”
- Configure the area to record, and do not forget about the camera window (do not hide it accidentally).
I like to solve problems with standard tools, and I hope the post helped you.
Originally published at https://dmytrokrasun.com.